One of the best things about personal sewing machines is that you can keep up with fashion trends in a fun way, even when on a budget. Janome sewing machines like the Janome HD1000 let you sew everything from home accessories and utilitarian items to the latest and greatest styles just hitting the racks. Check out these fun fashion trends gaining popularity as we head into 2018 and enjoy expanding your wardrobe in the most creative ways.
- Fringe and Tassels - Whether used on purses or sparsely on jackets, fringe is making a comeback. Tassels are showing up on more bags as well, adding a little style to otherwise plain totes. Both are easy types of trim to add to your sewing projects to make them unique and add some fun style.
- Designer Skinny Jeans - Skinny stretch jeans are all the rage these days and are going designer. Since you can never have enough jeans or jean styles, it is a good thing there are plenty of patterns available for making your own on Janome sewing machines. Darker colors and embellished back pockets are also trending.
- Wide Leg Pants - When you need something a little less casual than jeans, wide leg pants are the perfect fit. Worn in â length or cropped and with heels or flats, this high-waisted fashion is showing up everywhere. Use solid, darker colors for a more formal look and muted florals for a casual option.
- Blazers and Trench Coats - Overgarments are big this year, with the return of blazers and trench coats. Dress up that pair of wide leg pants you just made on your Janome HD1000 with a matching blazer that is perfect for looking both stylish yet professional at work. Styled trench coats with feminine flair are another easy project that will save you hundreds of dollars off clothing store prices.
- Oversized Jackets - Oversized, long-length jackets are seeing a comeback heading into 2018, with knee and calf-length garments beginning to show up this winter. When worn with a skirt, dress, or pants, oversized jackets and sweaters are comfortable and stylish. They can even be dressed up with faux fur collars and cuffs to make a bold statement.
- Vintage Style - From fabrics to full garments, vintage style is back and better than ever. In addition to the wide leg pants trend first introduced in the 70’s, vintage fashion styles of the 50’s and 60’s are showing up in stores everywhere these days. Shirtwaist dresses and skirts are a definite favorite, and easy to make on your Janome HD1000. Vintage stripes and floral patterns are also being used for vintage or modern fashions.
- Berets - Hats are always in style. This year the trend seems to be berets. Whether plain, or embellished with trim or embroidery, berets are an enjoyable project to make on a home sewing machine. Sewing a beret is a great way to make something beautiful without getting too involved in a bigger project that could require more time to complete.
Ready to update your wardrobe and step out in style in 2018? Any of these projects made on Janome sewing machines will give you a great reason to sew and fashionable garments to wear. From simple ideas like embellishing a handbag with fringe to more advanced projects like designer skinny jeans, you can create countless items with affordable home sewing machines like the Janome HD1000!