Janome sewing machines are some of the most advanced and easy-to-use sewing machines on the face of the planet. They have been producing some of the best sewing machines for the last 70+ years. The company was originally called The Pine Sewing Machine factory, which was actually founded back in 1921. This should give you a better grasp at this company’s overall history and prolific nature. However, in 1954, the Pine Sewing Machine factory officially became the Janome Sewing Machine Company, Ltd.
Here’s an Interesting tidbit, the actual name “Janome” means “snake’s eye,” literally! What this was actually taken from was the appearance of the latest bobbin design at that time. The new round bobbin ended up looking like a snake’s eye, hence the name. Also, the round bobbin was just easier to use than the conventional long shuttle type.
One of the best priced sewing machines is also a cheap sewing machine of Janome’s, which is their Janome 5812 RF Sewing Machine. This discount sewing machine is one of the easiest ways to produce all types of work, and here’s why:
- It has 12 built in stitches
- You can color code the stitch selection
- There are twin needle capabilities
- Bobbin winding is automatic
- It has a 4 step buttonhole that’s built-in
- There are snap on presser feet
- Comes with a beautiful sewing light
- It’s constructed of a heavy duty alloy frame
- It has a free arm that’s convertible
- There is storage for accessories in the extension arm
Other than this beautiful machine, we have a long list of Husqvarna Viking quilting machines for sale as well.