Getting a new sewing machine can be a very exciting moment in your life. Yet with so many sewing machines to choose from, how do you know which one is your best option? Whether you are interested in an all-purpose model like the Juki Exceed HZL F300 or need Juki sewing machines with other capabilities, consider the tips below to choose a model that will suit you best.
- Project Types and Expectations - There are many different types of sewing machines available for use in making different types of projects. Begin your research by knowing exactly what you want to do with your machine and what features and capabilities you expect from it.
- Your Budget - After identifying the type of projects you will be working on and your expectations, consider your budget. How much can you afford to spend? Make the selection process easier by looking only for models that will suit your needs and are within your budget.
- Amount of Use - How often will you be using the machine? If you are a very active sewist, heavier duty Juki sewing machines will provide a longer service life than less-expensive models that may not withstand ongoing frequent use. If you only plan on sewing occasionally, a lighter-duty model may suffice. If you will be using your machine for heavier work, consider the motor size to ensure your choice can handle the amount and type of projects you are planning.
- Type of Machine - You have an option to purchase mechanical sewing machines or electronic, computerized models like the Juki Exceed HZL F300. Computerized models may be more expensive than mechanical ones, but usually offer more in function and features. Mechanical machines can be easier to use and repair. Consider the pros and cons of each as a part of your decision process.
- Stitch Types and Adjustment - Most all-purpose models can make a variety of stitches. If you need more than the basics, you may need a more advanced model. Some Juki sewing machines have a vast library of stitches which can be handy depending on the projects you are planning. You should also consider whether different models offer stitch length adjustment, as this is another important and helpful option in getting the most productivity from your machine.
- Noise Level - Noise is one of those little details that tends to be forgotten; however, some models can be much noisier than others. If noise level could be a problem, decide in advance just how much noise various machines make and weigh this with the other pros and cons to consider.
- Included and Available Accessories - Most models come with a basic selection of accessories to facilitate the use of the machine, such as presser feet and other attachments for specific purposes. There are many specialty presser feet, attachments, and other accessories that you may be able to purchase to make your model even more useful. Check what is available to ensure you will have a wide selection of useful accessories.
- Brand Reputation and Access to Repair - You should also consider the manufacturers of the machines you are considering, where their units are made, and the reputation of the brand. It is also important to know where the machines are sold and where they can be serviced by approved repair services.
When your search for new Juki sewing machines begins, consider the important tips listed above before you make a final decision. Simpler, all-purpose models like the Juki Exceed HZL F300 may serve your needs very well or you may need to consider more advanced sewing machines with more features. In either case, as long as you research ahead of time and understand what each model offers, you can find the right machine for your needs!