Summer is right around the corner, so if you’re looking for some ideas for useful items to make with your sewing machine, you’ve come to the right place!
From swimsuit coverups and loungewear to bags and other accessories, if you get started now you’ll be ready for some summer fun in time for the warm weather.
Cool Summer Clothing
Whether you’re headed to the pool, beach, or out for a day of summer fun, you can make incredible garments in the styles, colors and patterns you really enjoy in a couple of hours seated at your sewing machine.
Get started now with these popular patterns for warm weather wear so you’ll be stepping out in your summer brights:
- Swimwear - With the right attachments and a little know-how on working with elastic and stretchy knits, yes you can make custom-fit swimwear at home more easily than you might think!
- Beach and Pool Coverups - There are so many styles of swimwear coverups you can make, ranging from a simple oversized t-shirt style to an eloquent kimono-looking one; you’ll be looking fresh and new every time you head to the water!
- Caftan Dresses and Skirts - Great as a coverup or just a cool, comfortable outfit, caftan style dresses and skirts are perfect fashions when you need something lightweight that can still look fashionable!
Summertime is also the time to keep your head protected from the sun and your hair back when riding with the convertible top down.
Whip up a few of these cute and useful patterns in a single session of sitting at your Arrow sewing cabinet:
- Sun Visors - When you just want to shade your eyes a bit or will be spending time at the tennis court or golf course, a custom-made sun visor in the patterned fabric of your choice is just what you need!
- Headbands - From full head wraps to thinner hair bands, a headband is perhaps one of the fastest and easiest accessories you can sew with an EverSewn Sparrow 25 sewing machine. You’ll be wearing it in minutes!
- Floppy Brimmed Sun Hats - Want something to go with that flowing coverup sundress or to protect yourself on the beach? How about a floppy sun hat that looks as cute as it is functional? You can make one in an afternoon!
There are lots of practical summer accessories you can also make with your sewing machine and most of them will take you only a few hours:
- Beach Blankets and Mats - Sew a roll-up beach mat or even a full-sized beach blanket for lounging around without having to deal with all the sand. You can go as simple or complex as you want, from a simple two-sided mat to a complete lightweight quilt!
- Beach Totes, Backpacks, and Sports Bags - Tote and duffel bags as well as backpacks are other items you always need, which is why it’s great they are so easy to sew. From barrel duffel bags for your gym or sports clothes to canvas totes to carry your sunscreen and towels to the pool, there are countless patterns available in many styles that you can easily personalize with your own flair!
- Accessory Bags, Cases, and Pouches - Inside every tote bag or backpack should be a smaller, individual accessory case or two for containing all your smaller items for easy access. Zipper pouches for your electronics, sunglass cases, cosmetic and personal care pouches, and a pouch for anything else you want to stash in your bag!
Get Sewing And Be Ready for Summer
If warmer weather means you’ll be spending much of your leisure time outdoors, now is the time to get started on some of these terrific projects you can sew at your Arrow sewing cabinet with an EverSewn Sparrow 25 computerized sewing machine.
These quick and easy ideas are perfect for your spare time while waiting for the better weather to come around.
In no time at all, you’ll be decked out for stepping out this summer with the clothing and accessories you need!